Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Almost famous...

While watching the 6 o'clock news tonight, I did a double take when a shot of DXC 5454 appeared behind the presenter as they led into the disappointing story about of the mothballing of the Napier - Gisborne line. That DXC looked really familiar. So when I got home I had a look on the TVNZ website and screen shot these. 


First up is this screen shot from today. 


And this one also from one news on the 14th of April this year.

Now it appears TVNZ record their website stories separately because the background is slightly different from what was on TV but it still shows DXC 5454. 

I then had a look through my shots of DXC 5454 and found this...


The original shot of DXC 5454 cruising into Palmerston with 923 Middleton - Dunedin freight.

And a close up so its similar to the screen shots.


Now they've changed the background but I reckon its a match.

Just to make sure I wasn't losing it I asked my wife to compare shots. After the rolling of the eyes she had a look and agreed it's a match. She actually got a little excited about the whole thing. The lights right, the shadows right, the driver matches, the drivers windows open and I'm sure you can see the tree through the loco's rear windows.

Have I had some railfan luck after a journo at TVNZ googled for a kiwi rail image or am I dreaming? What do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. Cheeky Brass MonkeyOctober 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

    You need to learn to Google Image Search young grasshopper - your pic is cropping up all over the place....

    http://www.theboplive.net/2012/06/upper-north-island-councils-welcome.html

    http://www.fob.co.nz/imageTrans_homepage.php

    ReplyDelete