Saturday, December 15, 2012

Out chasing again... about time!

I finally got out the door on Monday and caught up with 923 as it headed south on the Main South Line. On point was a very clean DFT 7199. Coincidence or not, it follows on nicely from my last post on the DFT's.


DFT 7199 and DC 4133 depart Merton with 923 Middleton - Dunedin freight. 10/12/12

After grabbing a shot of 923 as it left Merton, I decided to continue south and get another shot at Seacliff. Not long after arriving beside the rather tired looking Seacliff station shelter, 923 appeared around the curve and entered Seacliff station limits on the main.


923 passing through Seacliff. 10/12/12.

With another shot of 923 on the memory card, it was time to head home. 

Half way home I caught sight of a work train heading south. A quick u-turn and I was on the chase again. Slowed by a track speed restriction, I managed to get ahead of the train and make it to Tumai for a rushed shot of DC's 4640 and 4876 and their train of YJ ballast wagons as they headed back to Dunedin. 


DC 4640 and DC 4876 on work train duty climbing up to Tumai. 10/12/12.

And that's about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment